Full Stack PHP engineer
Adolf Baeyensstraat 53, 9040 Gent (Belgium)
You’re a generalist with a passion for software development, who is eager to learn the latest changes in the field and doesn’t hesitate to discover new things via your own projects.
You like to write code that is reusable, readable, tested and easily maintained. You set high standards because duplicate code makes you cry. Code review allows you to teach and be taught by your colleagues on a daily basis.
In a nutshell:
- PHP feels like your second language
- Experience with Vue.js (must have, if not: apply for the position of Senior PHP engineer)
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with NPM or Yarn
- Experience with Webpack, Rollup, or other bundlers
- Experience with REST APIs and OAuth
- Design, estimate, and code new features
- Maintain and extend our web applications
- Maintain and extend our REST API
- Architect new applications and expand existing ones
- Participate in software design discussions
- Participate in project management meetings
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality (code review is key!)
- Identify and fix gaps in system reliability
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure
Bonus points (not required)
- HTTP protocol
- PoS software development
- Open source software
- Distributed systems and load balancing
- Unit testing and UI testing
- Page load optimization
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Apache or NGINX
- Swift, Kotlin
After each step, we'll inform you when you'll receive feedback and if you can proceed to the next step. If you have any questions before the interview, we are happy to answer them.
- First selection based on resume, cover letter and/or portfolio.
- First interview: get to know each other.
- Second interview: technical interview with one of our senior team members. This includes technical questions, a piece of code you'll need to review and/or a live code exercise.
- Third and final interview: discuss our offer to you.
- Welcome on board 🤝🥂
Our offer to you
Bakeronline is an exponentially growing scale-up with a team-oriented culture and a hands-on mentality. Additionally, we put great importance on the mutual reinforcement of each employee and are enthusiastically providing after-work bounding. Each member of our team obtains freedom, the opportunity to develop new and existing personal skills, and the luxury to collaborate directly with the management team. This is your chance to join a team of professional, dynamic and ambitious experts that believe in the power of continuous learning, ownership and team spirit. Join our team tomorrow!